From being months away and nothing but a glimmer in my mind the trip of a lifetime is just a day away. I will be stuffing my suitcase (undoubtedly with mostly shoes) to the brim and moving across the pond. From a small town of less than 500 people and from a graduating class of 27 most people that I grew up with or around would never have the chance to do something so great which helps to make this experience that much more special for me. I will be studying at Kingston University in Great Britain which is only 25 miles south of London for nearly 6 months. I can hardly believe it. I am the type of person that calls my grandparents about four times a day even though Westminster is just over an hour away and I get homesick after a few weeks without seeing them but I am about to move thousands of miles away for half a year? Hardly sounds like something I’ll be able to adjust to. But I will. I cannot limit myself to this town, this state, and even this country because of fear. Do I fear change? Yes, I most certainly do and from what I have read about living abroad for a substantial amount of time, I will not be the same after this experience but I must accept that it will only make me a better person. I invite you to come with me on my journey not only in travel but in personal growth as well. For now I must prepare myself, London calls.
Cheerio!
No comments:
Post a Comment